Buyers Terms & Conditions
No Warranty – The descriptions of items appearing in the auction and the advertising prior to this sale are believed to be correct. Nevertheless, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by the Auctioneer concerning any item shall be construed as a warranty either express or implied. Firearms are sold as “collectibles” and are not tested for safety or functionality. All buyers should consult the expertise of a gunsmith prior to purchase. ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS -WHERE IS.
Receipt – Payment is due during or immediately following the auction. Payment terms for online, phone, and absentee bidders are five (5) business days. Bidder will be furnished a printed receipt upon payment.
Removal – Merchandise becomes the full responsibility of Bidder at the time of purchase, and Bidder assumes all risk of loss and damage to property until removed from sale premises. Any items not removed from Auctioneer’s premises within 15 days will be sold at the Bidder’s expense.
Adjustments and Modifications – Errors in fact of merchandise inventory will be considered for adjustment, but no adjustment will be made after merchandise has been removed from the premises or after the conclusion of the auction. Adjustments are not made in consideration of condition. It is the buyers’ responsibility to fully inspect and review all items prior to bidding. Auctioneer reserves the right, for any reason, at its sole discretion, to terminate, change, or suspend any aspect of the auction sale.
Resale – Auctioneer reserves the right to resell any property not paid for in full or removed from the premises within 15 days of purchase. The Bidder shall be responsible to Auctioneer for any expenses of resale and collection and damages resulting from the resale.
Disputes between Bidders – The final highest purchaser shall be designated at the end of each auction sale/item. If a dispute arises between two or more Bidders, Auctioneer’s designation of the winning bidder shall be final.
Injury, Damage, and Indemnification – Bidder acknowledges responsibility for personal injury or property damage caused by Bidder or his agent, and further agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Auctioneer harmless for any personal injury to himself or his agents, any property damage incurred on the sale premises, and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, fees and expenses related thereto, in connection with any claims arising out of, based upon, or resulting from any breach or violation by Bidder of this Contract or any use by Bidder of the auction sale or as a dispute with another Bidder.
Agency – Auctioneer is acting as agent for the Seller/Owner only and is not responsible for statements made by other parties.
Buyers Premium – A Buyer’s Premium will be added to the successful bid price and is payable by the buyer as part of the total purchase price. Buyer’s premium varies based on bidding platform and is posted in all advertisements prior to the auction sale.
Termination – This Bidder Contract constitutes a binding agreement between Bidder and Auctioneer until terminated by Bidder or Auctioneer, which Auctioneer may do at any time, without notice, at Auctioneers sole discretion. If Bidder dissatisfaction occurs with the auction sale in anyway, Bidder’s only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the auction. Auctioneer reserves the right to terminate Bidder registration and use of the auction sale, and impose limits on certain features of the auction sale or restrict Bidder access to, or use of, part or the entire sale or facility without notice or penalty.
Hold Harmless – Auctioneer cannot and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors, and/or omissions, caused by any means, therefore we cannot guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service. Bidder acknowledges that this auction is conducted in such as that it relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. The Auctioneer may void any sale, temporarily suspend bidding, and re-sell any items that were affected by any malfunction. The decision of the Auctioneer is final.
Privacy – Auctioneer gathers information for the purposes of conducting auctions. We will not sell, lease, or disclose this information.
Withdrawal – Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lots from the sale at any time for any reason.
Merchandise – All items are to remain as grouped. Moving items between groups is prohibited. All items are available for preview and inspections, but may not be removed from the tables, cases or general vicinity. All items must be handled with care and respect. Any person responsible for damaging an item will be required to pay for item in full, based on Auctioneer’s market evaluation regardless of auction estimate.
Check Policy – Checks are only accepted when issued by register bidder. Should a check be returned for any reason a fee will be charged based on current fee schedule. First time out of State checks require references. In addition, items may be held for up to 14 business days until checks clear.
International Bidders – All international bidders with invoices totaling more than $1,000 USD will be required to pay by Bank Wire Transfer and the Bidder will be responsible for any bank fees associated with the transaction.
FFL bidders – A valid, signed “live” copy of your FFL will be required at the time of purchase.
Curio & Relic License bidders – A valid, signed C&R license copy is required at the time of purchase.
Out of State Bidders – Your local FFL will need to send us a file copy of their license via email or paper mail.
Denial of Purchase – Any “temps deny” or “delayed” response from State of Connecticut SLFU when an authorization is called for will be handled on an individual basis. Firearms that have to remain here on premise at CT Firearms Auction LLC may be subject to a storage fee. CT Firearms auction reserves the right to deny purchase of any firearm at any time for any reason pursuant to federal and state law.
CT Bidders – A valid State of CT Pistol Permit or Long Gun Eligibility permit is required along with current government photo ID.
Age Restrictions – Black powder and long guns are not sold to person under the age of 18, and handguns are not sold to person under the age of 21.
Delivery – Modern Firearms are only shipped to eligible Federal Firearms Dealers, Buyers are required to pass any and all required background checks (per state and Federal rules) upon receipt.
Refunds – All Auction items are sold as-is, where is, All sales are final. If a buyer is ineligible to receive a firearm, it will be resold at their expense.
Shipping – CT Firearms auction handles all shipping in-house. please contact us at least 48 hours prior to the auction for shipping quotes. Shipping and required insurance are at the buyers expense. Modern firearms are only shipped to FFL Dealers.
Sellers Terms & Definitions
Terms and Definitions:
1. Auctioneer: Connecticut Firearms Auction LLC acting as agent for sale and transfer. Nest Egg Auctions LLC is subcontracted to perform the physical display and act of selling.
2. Seller: Person, business or legal entity consigning property for auction sale.
3. Consignment: Seller hereby consigns to Auctioneer and, employs said Auctioneer to sell property at an upcoming auction, including any sales format including live-onsite, online only or live-onsite combined with online bidding.
4. Property: Individual or grouped items consigned for sale at auction.
5. Buyer: Person, Business, or Legal entity as the winning bidder of a lot at auction.
6. Auction Location: The Auction will take place at 758 Four Rod Road, Berlin CT, 06037.
7. Auction Date: Auction date is subject to change at Auctioneer’s discretion without notice. In case of inclement weather or other events beyond the control of the Auctioneer, the Auction will take place at a later scheduled date.
8. Title: Seller represents and warrants that the property consigned is their own unencumbered property and that they have the right to consign the property for sale and that it will be kept free of claims of others so that at the sale, good title and interest will pass to the purchaser. Seller warrants that they are not under a conservatorship, or if Seller is under a conservatorship, your conservator has probate court approval. If Seller is consigning the merchandise as a fiduciary, Seller warrants that they are fully authorized to consign the property and will supply any additional documents.
9. No Representations. Any appraisal, estimate or other statement of Auctioneer or, its representatives, with respect to the value of any item, is a statement of opinion only and may not be relied upon as a prediction of the actual selling price.
10. Payment: Settlement checks will be mailed to the consignor thirty (30) working (business) days following receipt of payment, along with a post-sale report showing the successful bid price, total of the items and the net amount due to the seller.
11. Warranty: All items will be sold by the auctioneer as-is, where is with no warranty expressed or implied.
12. Auctioneers fee: Auctioneer shall receive a percentage commission based on the hammer price or total sales of property consigned. This will be deducted from the gross sales proceeds before any expenses.
13. Buyers Premium: The Auctioneer will charge a buyer’s premium at this auction. Buyer’s Premium is fully for the account of the Auctioneer and is not part of the gross sales of the auction.
14. Absolute auction: An auction where the property is sold to the highest qualified bidder with no limiting conditions or amount.
15. Minimum Bid Auction: An auction in which the auctioneer will accept bids at or above a disclosed price. The minimum price is stated and is announced at the auctions. Items that do not draw a minimum bid will be subject to a fee of $50 Per lot. Estimates and Minimum bids are established on the date of contract signing and may not be modified by seller after that date. Auctioneer reserves the right to modify pre-sale estimates based on limiting conditions such and condition, originality and authenticity.
16. Reserve Auction: A minimum acceptable price is mutually agreed by Seller and Auctioneer in writing prior to the auction. This amount may or may not be disclosed to the bidders. Reserve prices are expressed as a net amount due to seller. Reserve prices are only established on date the contract is signed. Reserve amounts may not be added or modified after the signing of this document. In the event that property does not sell at auction, the auctioneer reserves the right to offer it for sale at or above the net reserve amount after the auction. A fee of $50 will be imposed upon all lots that do not meet reserve prices.
17. Unsold Property: In the event that an item fails to meet the minimum bid or reserve price it will be available for pickup by the seller or seller’s agent during normal business hours. Items must be picked up within thirty (30) calendar days from the auction unless prior written arrangements have been made. If the seller is not eligible to receive property it will be sold at a later date. Auctioneer is not in the business of providing storage of any kind and nor will they be held liable on any level for items left more than 30 days. A $10.00 fee will be assessed PER DAY after the complimentary 30 days is exhausted for the storage of unclaimed / un-retrieved personal property. Once the storage fee reaches the fair market value of the personal property it will be sold or disposed of without any compensation to the consignor or legal owner and without any escheat to the state.
18. Control and Custody of Property, Property released to law enforcement: Control and custody is established when the Auctioneer physically receives the item. Property IN TRANSIT TO OR FROM the auctioneer that is damaged, lost or stolen via common carrier is not the Auctioneers responsibility.
If through the course of normal business, transfer(s), etcetera law enforcement notifies the Auctioneer that an item may be evidence of a crime or reported lost or stolen, it is the Auctioneers standard practice to comply with all law enforcement or judicial request with or without prior notice to the consignor. The Consignor will be notified and given the information of the receiving/acquiring law enforcement agency for which it is entirely the Consignor’s responsibility (legally, financially, including legal expense) to rectify the situation and attempt to recover seized items.
19. Insurance: Firearms that are under Connecticut Firearms Auction LLC control and custody will be insured by the auction facility or affiliated companies, such as Nest Egg Auctions LLC at Fair Market Value. No insurance of any kind will be afforded to the consignor outside of personal property that is under control and custody of the Auctioneer. Insurance through common carriers is offered and at the option of the Consignor through the common carrier for its duration of possession.
20. Hold Harmless. Auctioneer, as Sellers agent is authorized to accept the return of and rescind the sale of any personal property at any time if Auctioneer, in his best judgment determines that the offering for sale of any property has subjected or may subject Auctioneer and/or Seller to any liability, including any liability under warranty of authenticity. In such event, Auctioneer is further authorized to refund or credit to the buyer the purchase price of such returned property. If Auctioneer has already remitted to Consignor any proceeds of the rescinded sale, Consignor agrees to pay Auctioneer on request an amount equal to the remitted proceeds. Consignor further agrees to indemnify Auctioneer and hold harmless from and against any and all claims, loss, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) relating to the claims of individuals claiming title to any property consigned hereunder or to any other claims of buyers resulting from Auctioneer offering for sale or selling any personal property consigned hereunder, whether or not it has been returned to Auctioneer.
21. Withdrawal of Property: Seller agrees that no property may be withdrawn by the Seller after the execution of this agreement. Seller agrees that if the auction does not take place due to action or inaction on their part, they will be responsible to reimburse the auctioneer all commensurate expenses and commissions based on the high estimate of the items consigned. Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any property from auction sale at any time without further compensation to the seller and returned to seller where eligible.
22. Non-Payment by Buyer or Not Authorized to Complete Sale. In the event of non-payment by buyer, Auctioneer, at its discretion, may extend buyer’s payment time or cancel the sale. If the buyer is not approved for a firearm, the sale will be cancelled. Unless otherwise specified, the firearm(s) will be scheduled for the next auction date and the contract will automatically be renewed under the same terms for the following auction.
23. Legal Action. In case of legal action arising from this contract, both parties agree that the laws of the State of Connecticut govern this agreement. Both parties agree that to the extent any court action has to be taken by either party resulting from this agreement or any consigned items that said action would be filed or pursued in a court within Hartford County in the State of Connecticut.
24. Use and Name: Auctioneer and its agents are authorized to use any media (photographs, video, demonstrations, and schematics), both digital or non-digital in nature, of all items for any purpose of its own benefit in any media type of its choosing. Including but not limited to the internet and any facet thereof.
25. Severability Clause: If any part of this contract shall be deemed illegal or otherwise unenforceable by the court of law, the remainder of the contract will still apply, excluding the portion that is deemed unlawful.
26. Miscellaneous: Sellers or persons acting on behalf of the seller are prohibited from bidding on consigned property for any reason. Unsold property that is not picked up within 30 days of notice is forfeit and may be sold or disposed of without further compensation. By transferring legal possession of the Consignors item to Connecticut Firearms Auction LLC, the Consignor automatically agrees and abides by all the conditions set forth by this contract.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for (www.ctfirearmsauction.com). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
· See what data we have about you, if any.
· Change/correct any data we have about you.
· Have us delete any data we have about you.
· Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The above notice (or policy) probably does not describe your privacy practices exactly. You need to personalize your statement to fit your business practices. Following are some sample clauses that you can use to help describe other specific practices that fit your business model.
In order to use our auction services, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you when you register. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.