Connecticut Firearms is dedicated to providing the best possible customer service to our clients. Whether you are buying antique or modern firearms, or selling a large gun collection we are dedicated to making it an excellent experience. We want to build a lasting relationship with you and help build your collection. If at any time you have a question, comment or concern, please contact us. We want to hear form you and we want to earn and keep your business.
We ship in-house, you save time:
We ship all of our Firearms in-house using new boxes and new packing material for most standard rifles, shotguns and handguns. We are constantly improving our shipping process and relationships with vendors in order to keep shipping costs to a low flat rate for each type of item that we sell. We also require signature service and shipping insurance for the guns that we ship.
Handguns generally ship via USPS priority mail and will ship from our facility 3-6 business days of payment and transfer paperwork being received by our team.
Long guns generally ship via UPS 3-6 business days of completed payment and transfer paperwork being received by our team, using our custom side-loading heavy corrugated boxes to protect your investment.
Special Shipping items. Oversized Firearms such as long muskets, large caliber weapons, cased rifles and unusual military items are quoted for shipping on a case-by-case basis. Please note that these items will not fall into our flat rate shipping values.
Every effort is made to carefully pack your guns for safe shipment. If you experience any damage, delays, or other issues with shipping please contact us immediately.
Condition and Grading:
Connecticut firearms auction uses a combination of NRA Modern and Antique Gun Grading Standards, together with generally accepted percent of finish and overall percentages for condition. Connecticut Firearms Auction makes every effort to accurately describe the features and condition of each lot in our catalog. Firearms are complex mechanical items with lots of moving parts that are subject to wear and age. We want to make sure that you have all of the information in order to make the best possible buying decision. If you have any question about a firearm you are interested in bidding on, please contact us at least 48 hours prior to auction time. Auction day is very busy for us, so please give us some time to get back to you.
Guns sold by Connecticut Firearms Auction are not test fired unless specifically noted. Basic function tests are conducted during the catalog process and any issues are noted. We cannot possibly test fire every weapon, nor can we speak to the ability of a gun to properly feed, eject, or shoot accurately.
Our staff visually inspects each gun to the fullest extent possible without disassembly (unless noted otherwise). We cannot make any guarantees about the originality or functionality of internal mechanisms.
Occasionally a feature or function may not be reported in a particular firearm. This is sometimes the result of incomplete historical or manufacturer information. If you have a question, please contact us at least 48 hours prior to the auction.
An Auction with a guarantee?
- LIMITED GUARANTEE: CTFA makes every effort to accurately describe all items offered in its sales. The descriptions and condition reports carry a limited guarantee. It is a guarantee to protect the buyer against errors in descriptive fact and major discrepancies that would have a significant effect upon the value of the item. This limited guarantee covers the following:
- DESCRIPTIVE FACTS: Manufacturer, model, caliber, serial numbers, barrel length, special features, major restoration, modification, counterfeits, reproductions or major fabrications not disclosed in the description.
- CONDITION DISCREPANCIES: It is the bidder’s responsibility (present, online, or absentee bidders) to determine by inspection by themselves (or a hired professional) the exact condition of each item prior to bidding on the item. CTFA makes every effort to follow the commonly accepted and current condition guidelines for modern and antique firearms such as the NRA Modern and Antique grading system, Blue Book percentage of finish rating, and Standard Catalog of Firearms Modern grading. It is important to note that these systems have changed over the years, and present different opinions based on the edition and authors. Condition reports are the opinion of CTFA and represent the observations of the cataloger.
- BIDDERS RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the bidder’s responsibility to initiate contact with CTFA in request for additional information regarding the items. Submit all questions regarding upcoming auction items at least 48 hours prior to the date of auction. CTFA will make every effort to answer all submitted questions in a timely manner. In-Person Bidders must examine all items prior to purchase and again upon receipt. Any discrepancies must be noted prior to leaving the facility. If bidding via absentee or online, then it is the bidders responsibility to examine the lot immediately upon receipt. If a major discrepancy should be discovered, it is the buyers responsibility to contact us immediately. The limited guarantee is null and void 28 days after the auction date (NOT THE DATE OF RECEIPT). If a buyer pays late and receives items late, through action or inaction on their part, the buyer is disqualified from any guarantee. Under no circumstances will CTFA be responsible for lost profits or other financial damages. If it is agreed that an item may be returned, it is the buyer’s responsibility to return it in the same state and condition as received. Returned items that are modified, damaged by buyer, or mishandled void all guarantees.
- LIMITATIONS: The limited guarantee covers major discrepancies in condition reports, such as error in fact, visible repairs or restorations, or major differences in percent of finish or bore(+/- 20%). This limited guarantee is only available to the buyer of record. Please refer to POST SALE RETURN POLICY. Except as stated in the limited guarantee above, CTFA will not be held responsible for typographical errors or errors of omission. This limited guarantee does NOT cover imperfections, patina, slight damages, handling marks, natural imperfections, undisclosed minor blemishes, finish differences, wood-to-metal fit issues, surface cracks or chips in wood, dings and dents, unverifiable age, and other similar differences that are inherent in the firearms or other antiques and collectibles offered for sale. Firearm internal mechanisms and moving parts are not inspected, and guns are not test fired unless otherwise noted. If mechanical or other working parts are inoperable, even if working at the time of sale, CTFA is not liable due to the inherent nature of the age of these used items. CTFA will not be responsible for shipping costs, after auction appraisal fees, testing or any other post auction costs. This limited guarantee DOES NOT APPLY to any ammunition whatsoever. All Ammunition will be sold “as-is” (see below)
- AS-IS: Auction lots and items offered with the designation “AS-IS”, “Poor condition”, OR “For parts or restoration” are offered without guarantee, all sales are final and sold without refund or buyer recourse.
- POST SALE RETURN AND REFUND POLICY: If a major description or condition discrepancy is discovered within 28 calendar days of the auction, a buyer may submit a request in writing for a full refund under the following conditions: The request for refund must be received in writing before the end of the 28th day. The auction lot in question must be received by CTFA within 3 days of the request for return and refund. After receipt of the lot in question, CTFA will perform an evaluation, and determine the validity of the request. If a return and refund is granted, CTFA will notify the buyer within 7 calendar days of receipt. CTFA does not offer adjustments or partial refunds. Refunds are only given for the total hammer price, and restocking fees up to the total amount of buyers premium may apply. Accepted refunds are paid only by paper check, and submitted to the buyer 30 days after receipt of items.